Monday 24 December 2012

The beauty and weirdness of hot Christmas


We’ve finally arrived to our Christmas destination. My favourite place on earth. This is where I am at peace. This is where I will be born in my next life. ;o)

Wanaka.

Phil and I were here 10 years ago – it was brilliant then. And it’s even better now.  Tears were in my eyes when we drove to the campsite where we used to camp.


I have never been to a place so laid back, sweet, beautiful and friendly. Yet, with so much going on. 

Just enjoying a perfect cup of coffee (with real chocolate shavings ;o) with friends is a great way to soak up the atmosphere.


You might of guessed by now I am in love with this country.

The drive to here is so much more spectacular then anywhere else… every corner you turn, there is something new that makes you go: WHHAAAAAAAAAWWWWW!


The lakes are “bluer” and the clouds are “cloudier” than anywhere else:


All perfect. But to be really honest, warm Christmas just doesn’t have the same buzz… I mean, we are stuffing our faces with Christmas cherries???…


and enjoying Christmas sushi on the beach (with some beer, of course ;o), while the girls are playing….


Just to make it all more “real” we got a little portable Christmas tree with us … It’s a humble little tree… but it means a lot!! (lots of lovely surprises under it in the morning ;o)   


And we even managed to find Wanaka’s Santa! (not the same when you are in your shorts ;o)


We miss our wonderful family and friends in Slovenia and UK big time.  But for now, we got each other and the spectacular surroundings will just have to do ;o)


All the best and much love to everyone from heavenly Wanaka
S
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment