Monday 10 December 2012

Never say never


Fishing. Fishing. Fiiiiishing. (big yawn)… Can I think of anything more boring? Darts maybe. A complete waste of time... To tell you the truth, I can think of at least million other useful things I could be doing during the 3 hours while I am waiting for a stupid fish.    

Also, how dull must you be to like fishing? Sitting in a boat with a rod.  Come on…. Let’s do something fun instead!!!

(I guess most women would agree with my thoughts and I presume most men wouldn’t ;o)

Anyway, those were my thoughts on fishing till I’ve tried it in New Zealand. A couple of facts:
  1.  There is nothing more relaxing than sitting in a boat, enjoying the surroundings and each other’s company (meditation at home doesn’t come close)
  2. There is nothing more exciting than catching a fish!


Here is the event that changed my mind:  We hired kayaks with a local guide in a beautiful little village called Paihia.

After 20 min of rowing, passing most wonderful wildlife (from giant jellyfish to oyster catchers), we anchored and sat in a boat, enjoying each other’s company.


Soon Mama catches the first fish! Ohhhhhhh, EXCITING! 


Had to kiss it ;o)  


Not long after, Daddy catches the fish. (same size as mama, so nothing to boost about ;o)


But, wait…. Lana wasn’t even holding the rod, when we realised something is hooked…. The little lady caught a beautiful 2pound snapper – and we are all so excited we forgot to take a photo. So here is one from the beach.


It was delicious – with some garlic and a juicy lemon ;o)

Lesson learnt: If you think you don’t like something, come to New Zealand and try it out. You’ll love it.  Whatever you do: “Never say Never”.

Much love from Paihia, North Island.
Sasha
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment