Back in the UK, over one week after returning from our trip, we have finally recovered from horrendous jet lag. Time to reflect.
In a nut shell: It was magic. And sparkles on top. New Zealand rules!
But what is truly important is what we took with us (apart from a few bottles of New Zealand’s finest sparkly rose ;o)… As you know, we met so many wonderful people and saw so many jaw-dropping places…. So, what have we learnt on this magic trip, which we will cherish for life???
1. Appreciate the moment, every breath and freedom that surrounds you. Love freedom . Freedom of choice. Freedom of open road. Breath. Be here and now. Always. That is the only way to live.
2. Strangers really are only friends you have never met (damn cheesy, I know – but so true and too often forgotten). Always see the beautiful in people. Everybody has got something beautiful to offer.
3. Go with the flow. Trust life. Things will fall into place.
3. Family time is super important. Take time to guide children, not “just” parent them. We have learnt so much about each other during the past month.
4. Children are easy to travel with. They will always “copy paste” your attitude.
5. Simplicity is the answer. Wild camping rules. We are all entertained on the playground, but goodness me….. nature and in fact everything around us is a GIANT playground. Make the most of it.
6. Not to see the beautiful side of Life is always by CHOICE.
Now, it’s time to think about the next big adventure ;o)
Love. Love. Love.